Wednesday 16 November 2011

Tried and Tested no 4


Name: Nigella Dawson’s Chocolate Muffin
Detail:  easy & quick preparation
Class: dessert
Family: food

Out of many recipes that I have tried, I would like to recommend this easy recipe from the famous Queen of Domestic; Nigella Dawson. However I am afraid that I could not remember the source of the recipe. It is either; I copied down while watching her show or copied down from her book.
 During many occasions; pot-luck, party time, open house, in fact, this is used to be my once -in- a-month-must-bake desserts before the oven went kaput. (Note to my boyfriend: your promise to get me new one next week. We’ll check it later duhhh!).
Why I love it to the maximum?
 It’s easy.
 It’s straightforward, the instructions are not puzzle.
Just follow 5 steps.
No need of super kitchen gadget.
No egg beating!!! What more will you ask?
Now, we examine the recipe.

Ingredients:
250gm plain flour
2 teaspoon (tsp) baking powder (BP)
½ tsp soda bicarbonate (SB)
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
175gm sugar
150gm chocolate chips
250ml fresh milk
90ml cooking oil
1 egg grade A(L size)
1 tsp vanilla essence

Instruction:
1.       Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celcius.
2.       Sift flour with SB & BP. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3.       Combine all wet ingredients in another bowl.  Add into step 2. Mix well. Add in chocolate chips.
4.       Spoon into paper cup at about ¾ height. You may add in more chocolate chips.
5.       Bake for 20 minutes

Now ladies, next day in the morning, bake this as your breakfast-on-bed treat!
And, ohhh do not forget to slip in that satin night gown, like Nigella always do!

p.s All ingredients at room temperature.

Yummy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment